Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I need a new job. Only a year into this one and I only get out of bed in morning because it's something to do. I finally got the swivel chair I've romanticized for 8 years and now I can't wait to get out of it. It hurts my back and is not as comfortable as I imagined. Add the minimum 5 lbs I've put on from sitting on my ass and snacking because there's nothing better to do. Add the strain it has put on my friendship. Add the sinking feeling that I will never be good enough at this to get promoted so what am I doing anyway.

I'm so "done" when I get home that I don't have the energy to do the things I want to do or would like to do. Either I fall onto the couch in a comatose state or I head out to drink with my friends for fear that staying indoors one second longer will lead me to stab someone with a spoon.

If one more Dove dark chocolate piece reminds me that "happiness is contagious" I will scream and drive my car into the median. Oh wait... I kinda already did that.

3 comments:

  1. Break the cycle now, before you find yourself having to do that kind of shitty job just to get by! Take my word on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's all in the works. I figure as long as I don't stab someone with a spork I should be okay for at least another month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stab someone with a spork. It'll make a great story!

    ReplyDelete

20sb