Friday, January 29, 2010

So Funny, It's Scary

Have you seen a Brink's Home Security commercial recently? They're hilarious! While I understand that there is nothing funny about home invasion, you have to admit, these commercials cannot take themselves seriously. Here, let me give you an example:



Mind you, I missed the part where he had snuck into her house party to case the joint, but still. Come on! He knows she's home. Did he not see the alarm pad next to the front door? No one at the party knows who he is? Alarm bells didn't ring in her head that he was a stranger? Oh wait, no, she checked her brain at the door when she installed the home alarm. Ugh! How often do burglars try to break into an occupied house? What's better is he looks at her, she looks at him, he breaks the window, then runs away. What was the point???

If someone can tell me why this commercial isn't funny, I'd love to hear it. And, don't tell me because it's about burglars. You want to tell me that was a serious and dramatic piece of commercial excellence? Next, you'll tell me it's safe to swim in shark infested waters.

Please.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea. I heard about this and thought there was no way something that stupid was actually made to bring in clients...then low and behold, I saw it. It's painful and hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

20sb