Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like... Spring?

Ah lonely day at work again. It's 66 degrees and raining. Come on Late November! You're supposed to bring the cool weather! I did appreciate the warmth last night, however, when I went to my first hockey game of the season. I thought I was spoiled before with Platinum level seats, but I never could have prepared myself for the joy of sitting in the "lower bowl". I could make out jersey numbers and names without squinting! Check it out:

And yes, I am the dork who demanded this next picture be taken:

Who would believe me! It was the most exciting day, made more exciting by our win in OT. I am also proud that I kept my profanity at a whisper as there were children present. Oh hell, who am I kidding? I kept it down because I was told I could be asked to leave if I yelled "Fucking come on!" too loudly. Not sure if that's true or not, but it certainly kept me on my p's and q's.

Sunday is all about lists, but I can't think of anything. You want my Christmas list? It's pretty short and simple:

* Salad Spinner

* Learn French in Your Car CD's (mine broke)

* "Inglourious Basterds" (2-disc special edition only please)

* Barnes & Noble GC (I want the new Stephen King and "Wings of Desire" is now out on Criterion. A must see for all)

* Calendar

Pretty boring... This whole list making gets really tough as you get older. I'd really like cash, but that's not really fun to open. Also, that means I have to brave the mean streets of post holiday shopping, and that's not fun either!

4 comments:

  1. I think my list is exactly the same as yours, only I traded out a tiny food processor for the Salad Spinner (which, really? the same thing) and "(500) Days of Summer" for "Inglourious Basterds" (only because I haven't seen it yet...for shame, I know). Hope you get all your little heart could wish for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...And then there was a Captcha. Mother eff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a captcha? Dang it, I thought I turned that off

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I used to think a Salad Spinner was to distribute the dressing on the salad parts evenly. Imagine my surprise when all that dressing came flying out the sides. Oh, to be a teenager again!

    ReplyDelete

20sb