Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Want To Go To There

To follow up my top places to visit, I want to talk about where I want to go. One day, in my perfect fantasy, I will have the ability to travel to all of these wonderful places and more. Until that day comes, I'll just sit here, eating noodles, and feeling generally depressed about my finances. PS- I also wish I were a better accountant, but that's not going to happen.
1. Paris- Duh squared. I took 4 years of French and have nothing to show for it. I can't wait to visit the catacombs, the Musee du Orsay, Le Centre Pompidou, Montmartre, all the shops and markets that litter the street, and the new Gentry de Paris Revue. I want to eat lots of butter and les escargots, les grenouilles, une blanquette de veau, real coq au vin, fois gras, truffles, et les fromages. I want to sit outdoors and people watch. I want! Je dois aller avant que je meurs!

2. Ireland- Please, what kind of self-respecting Mick would I be if I didn't want to travel to the Motherland? I want to get drunk on proper Guinness and stumble along cobblestone streets. I want to visit the moors in a long flowing skirt with the wind and sea spray in my hair (Step one- try not to laugh at that last line. Step two- buy flowing skirt). Ireland has had a resurgence and I want to take part.

3. Kyoto- I can't remember when I fell in love with Kyoto, Japan, but I want to go there so badly. I mean, who wouldn't want to traipse around here:

4. Argentina- Can I just rent a motorcycle and follow the path of Che Guevera? It looked so beautiful in "The Motorcycle Diaries" I was instantly drawn to South America. Plus, it is my firm belief that the gentleman of Argentina are quiet the catch. I'm not sure where I got this from, but it's been in my head for years ever since I started teasing my sister about marrying an Argentinian man. I want to wander Buenos Aires and watch people randomly tango on the streets. I want to drink amazing wine. Only catch- I don't speak Spanish.

5. Ultimate vacation: Train ride across Europe and Western Asia. Come on! I know trains kinda suck (first hand), but not if there's a dining car! Plus, you are limited only by your ability to get to the station on time. Ugh... I think this needs to be #1.
Where have you always wanted to go?

2 comments:

  1. I will say from experience that the Euro trains are definitely an adventure in and of themselves. I mean, you don't sleep (AT ALL) and they're super loud, but something about being in all those beautiful places gives you unlimited energy. Or, you can do as I did and just travel like crazy for a month straight, then come back to the states and go into a mini-coma. Whateves.

    ReplyDelete

20sb