1. Paris- Duh squared. I took 4 years of French and have nothing to show for it. I can't wait to visit the catacombs, the Musee du Orsay, Le Centre Pompidou, Montmartre, all the shops and markets that litter the street, and the new Gentry de Paris Revue. I want to eat lots of butter and les escargots, les grenouilles, une blanquette de veau, real coq au vin, fois gras, truffles, et les fromages. I want to sit outdoors and people watch. I want! Je dois aller avant que je meurs!
2. Ireland- Please, what kind of self-respecting Mick would I be if I didn't want to travel to the Motherland? I want to get drunk on proper Guinness and stumble along cobblestone streets. I want to visit the moors in a long flowing skirt with the wind and sea spray in my hair (Step one- try not to laugh at that last line. Step two- buy flowing skirt). Ireland has had a resurgence and I want to take part.
3. Kyoto- I can't remember when I fell in love with Kyoto, Japan, but I want to go there so badly. I mean, who wouldn't want to traipse around here:
4. Argentina- Can I just rent a motorcycle and follow the path of Che Guevera? It looked so beautiful in "The Motorcycle Diaries" I was instantly drawn to South America. Plus, it is my firm belief that the gentleman of Argentina are quiet the catch. I'm not sure where I got this from, but it's been in my head for years ever since I started teasing my sister about marrying an Argentinian man. I want to wander Buenos Aires and watch people randomly tango on the streets. I want to drink amazing wine. Only catch- I don't speak Spanish.
5. Ultimate vacation: Train ride across Europe and Western Asia. Come on! I know trains kinda suck (first hand), but not if there's a dining car! Plus, you are limited only by your ability to get to the station on time. Ugh... I think this needs to be #1.Where have you always wanted to go?