The rules for this one are to list 7 things you may not know about me, then pass the award to 5 other bloggers. So:
1. I am afraid of what I call "open air heights". What this means is that heights themselves don't bother me, but put me some where windy and high up and we may have a problem. I don't like the Texas Tornado (that's the swing ride to non-Texans) at Six Flags. I don't ride the airplane ride either. I'm fine at the top of skyscrapers, but not so good if I don't have solid footing below me.
2. Everyone, well okay maybe not everyone but a lot of people; think my favorite movie is "Pulp Fiction". They would be wrong. (It feels wrong even typing that). I HEART "Pulp Fiction" but haven't watched it in years. The problem is, I know it completely by heart (come on, test me) and cannot sit through it anymore. It's no fun to quote the whole movie to yourself and I've found others don't appreciate it either. Pulp was the 1st movie where everything clicked for me, I understood what film making was. It's a strong Top 5 contender, probably #2 if I really think about it. No, my favorite movie is "Vivre sa Vie" by Goddard. It just came out on Criterion DVD so check it out. It is everything I love about New Wave cinema, the French, being female, getting excited and saddened by the movie experience.
3. I collect gnomes. I collect a lot of things, but gnomes have been going on for a while. I have about 4 or 5 so far, so not a big collection...yet.
4. I don't know my natural hair colour. I can make assumptions, but you know what they say when you assume. I was born towheaded and lived that way most of my life. There was the brief foray into pink and purple hair (separately of course). I had black hair for a couple years, but I never feel as comfortable as I do with platinum locks. Of course, I'm scheming to go red soon. Wish me luck!
5. If you ask me to name your pet, I will pick a name from "The Neverending Story"- one of my favorite movies and books. There was the Chow named Bastian, my sister's Chihuahua cross named Falkor. You just can't have Artex, that one's mine!
6. Wow, this is hard! I fully admit to owning a Mili Vinili album back in the day. Girl, you know it's true!
7. When I grow up, I want to be a writer or a filmmaker. Now, if only I could get over myself and get going!
As for the 5 Beautiful Bloggers: