I think it's worth pointing out here, in the interest of honesty, that it took me days to figure out how to repost it to my blog. My brain just doesn't seem to be working properly anymore.
The rules seem unclear, but I think I will follow Mysterg with a few exceptions:
1.“The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
2. The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award on to more bloggers.
4. Those bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
5. Those bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
(I wish I knew 10 blogs, but I'm new at this, bear with me).
10 "True" Things:
(I mean, what is truth anyway?)
1. I'm pretty sure my cat Yuli is trying to kill me or himself. The other day I came home from work to discover the gas on from my stove. I wish I could say this was the 1st time, unfortunately it was not. I love my kitty, however, if he doesn't clean up his act soon, I will be forced to accept it!
2. I once hit my sister in the head with a hammer. We were little, and I'm pretty sure I was trying to make her into something else.
3. I love lying, but have a real problem with it as well. Maybe the word "lying" is a little harsh. Let's change it "colourful storytelling". Once, in elementary, I convinced everyone in my class we had gotten a dog. I don't know why I did it. Maybe because I didn't have anything for show and tell. The worse part was when my friend came over one day and wanted to play with the dog. I had to tell him the dog was dangerous and locked up. He seemed pretty bummed. Anyhoo, If you ask my opinion- I will tell you! I'm not very good at softening the blow either, so ask at your own risk.
4. There is a life sized cardboard cut out of me in my high school gym. I was one the drill team (its a short jump from dancing at football fields to tattoos and pink hair) and was High Kick girl my junior year. They took a photo of my mid kick, blew it up, and slapped it on the wall. Genius.
5. I had the coolest purple hair for about a month in 2004. I had to dye it back for a job interview and totally forgot to take pictures. It is the saddest thing! I keep hoping someone has one from some night at Ben's or the like, but so far to no avail.
6. I pick my nose a lot (don't worry, I usually have a Kleenex) and am obsessed with nasal and ear health.
7. I've had this recurring auditory nightmare since I was little: It's black all around me and all I can hear is a "thumping" that grows faster and faster and faster until I wake up in cold sweats. The real problem with this is any music that also speeds the tempo on one note or beat- drives me crazy and I have to leave the room!
8. On a related music note (ha ha, pun not intended): I have never heard all of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" because my Dad told me it was bad luck. That song was playing when he was in a really bad car accident and he's avoided it ever since. As you may have picked up from an earlier blog, I'm totally superstitious; so I've avoided the tune as well. This method of thinking is also what has kept me from owning or voluntarily driving in yellow cars.
9. I curse like a sailor and am perplexed how profanity has managed to escape this blog so far. Fucking weird.
10. For number ten, I would like to steal from the great James Lipton who stole it from Bernard Pivot: The Proust Questionnaire!! You should totally check out the full questionnaire here .
1. What is your favorite word? pamplemousse or pie
2. What is your least favorite word? anything ending in "ism"
3. What turns you on? a nice smile
4. What turns you off? idiocy and/or a disregard for others
5. What sound or noise do you love? rain
6. What sound or noise do you hate? children's choral (seriously, it's in every scary movie!)
7. What is your favorite curse word? fuck or mercredi (what I put in place of "fuck" when at work or around small children)
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? So many! Architect, medical examiner, trust fund baby...
9. What profession would you not like to do? exterminator
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Hi ya!
And, drum roll please..... The next blogger receiving this fantastic award is:
He seems completely genuine and says the things I think in my head (especially about the idiocy of todays youth). Check him out and let him feel your love!